Our employment lawyers counsel clients on diverse matters between employers and employees throughout the creation, operation and conclusion of a business.
Kuiper Law Firm attorneys are equipped with an extensive knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations that enable them to tailor unique legal strategies for each client.
We frequently handle cases involving:
- Discrimination matters under Title VII, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the United States Service Reemployment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act and parallel state laws, including managing the investigation, response, and defense for charges of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Anti-discrimination and -retaliation training counseling, presentations, and materials
- Wage and hour defense for individual and collective action claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act and corresponding state claims
- Employee review for independent contractor, joint-employer, employment taxes, and overtime exemption status and agency audit representation and defense
- Family Medical Leave Act and other federal and state leave law counseling and claim defense
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Act counseling, management, and defense
- Termination, retainment, and hiring policy counseling, review, drafting, and management, including severance and release of claims
- Workplace and employee notice, handbook and policy reviews and drafting
- Employee non-compete, non-solicit, non-disclosure, intellectual property assignments, and other trade secret and covenant counseling, drafting, enforcement and defense
- National Labor Relations Act including worker organization response counseling and unfair labor practice charge defense and enforcement
- Outside general employment and local counsel services
We are committed to providing quality representation to our existing and future clients and strive to deliver the highest level of service, as our clients deserve and have come to expect.